U.S. Coast Guard
The 1910 lighthouse was replaced in 1926 by the Aloha Tower (at a different location), then destroyed in 1934.
Height of Focal Plane: 95
Characteristic and Range: Flashing green every 7.5 seconds; range 20 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White (originally red and white) metal pole on Pier 2.
This light is operational
1869: White wooden structure on piles (a.k.a. the Harbor Wink), linked to a nearby dwelling by a pier; focal plane height 26 feet. 1910: Grey, square concrete tower on roof of rectangular dwelling on piles, on Sand Island; focal plane height 43 feet.
Date Established: 1869
Date Present Tower Built: ?
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Keepers: Captain McGregor (1869-1871), William ("Bill") Williams (1871-1908), Harry W. Flint (1910-1913), Samuel Apollo Amalu (1914-1915), Edward E. Robins (1914-1921), John M. Sweeney (1916-1917), Edward E. Robins, Jr. (1921-1925), Manuel Ferreira (1926-1927),