After the Salisbury Beach Range was discontinued around 1950, this light remained in use for some years as the Merrimack River Entrance Leading Light.
Characteristic and Range: Fixed white.
Description of Tower: 1891: Lantern on pole, 12 feet tall, focal plane 32 feet. 1922: White, pyramidal skeleton tower, 39 feet tall, focal plane 45 feet. 1942: Skeleton tower with white daymark. focal plane 56 feet.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1891
Date Deactivated: c. 1970
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: William H. Pierce (1891-1910, also caretaker 1918)