Estonian Maritime Administration
This lighthouse is located near Estonia's border with Russia. A lighthouse at Narva was recorded "in the register of the Russian Admiralty Board" as early as 1725 (no other details available). Extensive work was done on the 1808 lighthouse in 1866: the tower was overhauled and raised by 12 feet, and a new lantern was installed. The tower was completely destroyed during World War II and remained in ruins for several years after the war, until replaced by the current lighthouse.
Tower Height: 100
Height of Focal Plane: 110
Characteristic and Range: Two white flashes every 12 seconds, visible for 17 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Round tower with red and white bands and a black lantern.
This light is operational
1808: White tower, focal plane height of 68 feet.
Date Established: 1808
Date Present Tower Built: 1957
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.