Hope Cottage Museum
The lantern and first order lens were removed from the 1877 Tipara Reef Lighthouse in 1920. The tower was lowered, and a new lantern and a smaller lens were installed. In 1923 the original lantern and lens were installed on the Cape Willoughby Lighthouse. They were removed from Cape Willoughby in 1974, and later in the 1970s they became part of a "faux" lighthouse at the Hope Cottage Museum in Kingscote.
This light is not operational
Date Present Tower Built: 1970s
Optics: First order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Museum exhibit.
Open To Public? Yes.