Brazilian Navy/Diretoria de Hidrografia e Navigação
The current tower here was originally erected at Ilha do Apeu (also known as Cabo Gurupi/Gurupy), about 120 km east of Salinópolis. The tower was later (1937?) dismantled and returned to Salinópolis in four trips, each taking 15 days. The tower originally had a two-story dwelling in the lower portion; that dwelling was removed in 1950.
Tower Height: 128
Height of Focal Plane: 200
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 6 seconds.
Description of Tower: Red, cast iron skeletal tower with central cylinder.
This light is operational
Original lighthouse was a conical masonry tower built on Ponta Atalaia (Atalaia Point).1916: Skeleton tower, 80 meters from the old lighthouse.
Date Established: ?
Date Present Tower Built: 1937?
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.