Forth Ports PLC
Following its decomissioning, this lighthouse served for a time as an army observation post. Dundee University mounted a radar scanner on the lighthouse in 1987 to monitor wave patterns.
Description of Tower: White conical brick and stone tower.
This light is not operational
1687: Coal-fired tower. 1753: Stone tower attached to dwelling, 57 feet tall.
Date Established: 1687
Date Present Tower Built: 1867
Date Deactivated: 1943
Current Use: Radar beacon.
Open To Public? No.
The Buddon Ness high and low lights are located on an army training ground, but the grounds are open to the public on occasion. An annual Nature/Open day is held every summer.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!