City of Toronto
This lighthouse was originally one of two range lights at Queen's Wharf that marked the passage into Toronto Harbour. It was moved to its present location, about a half-mile from the water, in 1929.
Tower Height: 20
Description of Tower: Short tower and lantern on roof of octagonal (the eight sides are not equal in size: four wide sides, separated by four narrow ones) wooden building. The buidling is painted brown.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1838
Date Present Tower Built: 1861
Date Deactivated: 1911
Current Use: Part of city park.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
The lighthouse is in a park near Exhibition Place. It is at the end of a trolley line.