A fire in October 1898 badly damaged this lighthouse and took the lives of three people.
Height of Focal Plane: 96
Description of Tower: 1839: wooden tower; 1846: White, 95-foot square brick tower with wooden lantern; attached to dwelling.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1839
Date Deactivated: 1898
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Thomas Abernethy (c. 1881), Robert Buckley (1896-1898, died in service)