National Trust Northern Ireland/ Copeland Bird Observatory
This lighthouse was replaced by Mew Island Light to the north.
Description of Tower: Only lower part of 52-foot stone tower remains.
This light is not operational
Date Established: c. early 1700s
Date Present Tower Built: 1815
Date Deactivated: 1884
Current Use: Historic structure in bird sanctuary.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Nearby Lodging: Accommodations for overnight visitors are available at the bird observatory; see www.cbo.org.uk