Buffalo Lighthouse Association
Contact Address Information:
U.S. Coast Guard Base, 1 Fuhrmann Boulevard
This unusual light was one of two bottle-shaped lights erected in Buffalo Harbor. It was moved to its present location in 1985 and has been restored by the Buffalo Lighthouse Association. It is known to some as "Old Bottle Light."
Tower Height: 29
Description of Tower: Cast iron bottle-shaped tower.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1903
Date Present Tower Built: 1903
Date Automated: 1960
Optics: 1903: Sixth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Part of public park.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
The light can be accessed the same way as the Buffalo Main Light -- park just outside the Coast Guard station and follow the path out to the lights. There is also a map on the site of all the lights that used to be in the area.
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places
Keepers: George Vivian Codding (Nov. 1, 1904 - 1913)