For some years beginning in 1807, this light was the rear light in a range established at the north end of the island; the front light was a lantern on a short tower.
Tower Height: 75
Height of Focal Plane: 436
Characteristic and Range: White light, 3 seconds on, 4.5 seconds off.
Description of Tower: Cylindrical concrete tower with red and white bands.
This light is operational
1807: Lantern on stone base. 1861: Large lantern on dwelling. c. 1945: Skeletal tower.
Date Established: 1723
Date Present Tower Built: 1965
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!