The original lighthouse here was destroyed in August 1944. The current tower, built after the war, is very similar to the original. The light serves as a front light with the Rochebonne Light for the Chenal de la Grande Porte. This range is used in conjunction with the range formed by the Bas-Sablons and La Balue lights in entering the harbor of Saint-Malo.
Tower Height: 125
Height of Focal Plane: 79
Characteristic and Range: Two red flashes every 10 seconds; range 15 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Conical stone tower with a red lantern and gallery.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1868
Date Present Tower Built: 1949
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!