Bureau des Phares et Balises
The second lighthouse here (1835) was destroyed in August 1944 by German troops. The new lighthouse completed in 1951 is very similar to its predecessor.
Tower Height: 105
Height of Focal Plane: 105
Characteristic and Range: Red flash every 5 seconds, visible for 22 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White circular tower with a red upper portion and lantern; dwelling nearby.
This light is operational
Circa 1780: Tower with a fixed white light. 1835: White circular tower rising from a square dwelling, 95 feet tall.
Date Established: c. 1780
Date Present Tower Built: 1951
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!