The Baranof Castle was built by the Russians in 1837 to be their administration building in Alaska. After the U.S. acquired Alaska in 1867, the light was kept in operation by the U.S. Army for another decade. The castle burned down in 1894.
Description of Tower: Light in cupola of castle.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1837
Date Deactivated: 1877
Current Use: Destroyed.