Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Land Transport, & Shipping
This tower was originally built as a Martello tower in 1810 as part of the local defense system; it was later converted into a lighthouse.
Tower Height: 39
Height of Focal Plane: 79
Characteristic and Range: Green light 1 second on, 1 second off.
Description of Tower: Conical stone tower; light mounted on top front.
This light is operational
Date Present Tower Built: 1810
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!