Corporation of the Town of Goderich.
This was the first light station established on the Canadian side of Lake Huron.
Tower Height: 35
Height of Focal Plane: 140
Characteristic and Range: Two white flashes every 25 seconds.
Description of Tower: White, square stone tower, with red lantern and trim.
This light is operational
c. 1830: Wooden structure (further east)
Date Established: c. 1830
Date Present Tower Built: 1847
Current Use: Active seasonal aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Follow Highway 21 into Goderich and exit on Kingston Street. Follow to West Street, which leads to the lighthouse. There is parking nearby. There is a also a steep stairway leading to the bluff and lighthouse from a lakeside boardwalk.
Keepers: ? Brady (c. mid-1800s).