Two additional keeper's houses were built here in 1870. Although the lighthouse was severely damaged in 1944, it was restored to its original state after the war.
Tower Height: 59
Height of Focal Plane: 265
Characteristic and Range: Occluding red light, one flash every 4 seconds, visible for 26 miles.
Description of Tower: Circular lantern above a square stone tower with a gallery, rising from a rectangular stone dwelling.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1830
Date Present Tower Built: 1830
Date Automated: 1976
Optics: Second-order lens.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!