The original tower was built as an unlit beacon in the 19th century but received a light in 1933. The tower at that time was painted red. After being discontinued during World War II, the light was re-established in 1952 on the same tower, which is now painted black and white.
Tower Height: 65
Height of Focal Plane: 33
Characteristic and Range: Two white flashes every 6 seconds, visible for 9 nautical miles (red sector: 6 nm).
Description of Tower: Black octagonal masonry tower with a white band.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1933
Date Present Tower Built: 1933
Date Deactivated: 1940s-1952
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!