The tower was built in 1857, but the light was established four years later. The original optic was destroyed in 1942. A new lantern was installed in 1948, replaced in 1981 by a beacon on a short mast atop the tower.
Tower Height: 85
Height of Focal Plane: 59
Characteristic and Range: Three white flashes every 12 seconds, visible for 13 nautical miles (red sector: 10 nm).
Description of Tower: White circular stone tower, lower part black.
It is not known at this time if this light is operational
Date Established: 1861
Date Present Tower Built: 1857
Date Deactivated: 1942-48
Date Automated: 1981
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!