Bureau des Phares et Balises
The original lighthouse here was destroyed in August 1944. A new lighthouse was built after the war and became operational in 1948. The light serves as a rear light to the Grand Jardin Light for the Chenal de la Grande Porte.
Tower Height: 65
Height of Focal Plane: 131
Characteristic and Range: Fixed red; range 24 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Square stone tower, painted white on the side facing the alignment, with a red gabled upper portion above the gallery.
This light is operational
1867: Square tower, painted in red and black bands, 62 feet tall, focal plane height of 128 feet.
Date Established: 1867
Date Present Tower Built: 1948
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!