U.S. Coast Guard
This lighthouse was displayed at the 1893 Columbian Exposition in Chicago and then moved to its present site in 1894. The bottom part of the 1873 brick lighthouse still stands, attached to the keeper's quarters. The lighthouse station is within Point Beach State Forest.
Tower Height: 111
Height of Focal Plane: 113
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 15 seconds.
Description of Tower: White, octagonal pyramidal cast iron tower with black trim.
This light is operational
1853: Wooden tower; 1873: Brick tower.
Date Established: 1853
Date Present Tower Built: 1894
Date Automated: 1979
Current Use: Active aid to navigation, Coast Guard vacation housing.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
The lighthouse is within Point Beach State Forest; call 414-794-7480 for information.
Keepers: Joseph Napiezinski, (c. 1890s); John Repenn (Assistant, 1944-1946 and 1955-1960); Ronald Upton (assistand keeper/engineer) (1968-1969).
Nearby Lodging: Accommodations in the keeper's quarters are available to military personnel and their families.