The Bailey's Harbor Range Lights are within the Ridges Wildlife Sanctuary.
Tower Height: 35
Height of Focal Plane: 39
Description of Tower: Light was inside cupola on of 1 1/2 story keeper's quarters.
This light is not operational
Integral 1.5 story wooden keeper's dwelling.
Date Established: 1870
Date Present Tower Built: 1870
Date Deactivated: 1969
Date Automated: 1930
Optics: 1902: Fifth order Fresnel lens, still in place.
Current Use: Part of wildlife sanctuary, privately owned.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
From Highway 57 North, take Ridges Road to the Ridges Wildlife Sanctuary and the range lights. The lighthouse is a private residence but can be photographed from the gate; be sure to respect the privacy of the owners.
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places
Keepers: Fabian Trudell (1869-1872), Marcus Shaler (1872-1875), Joseph Harris Jr. (1875-1881), Hans L. Hanson (1881-1882), George Larson (1882-1888), John Millidge (1888-1896), Henry Gattie (1896-1923)