Bureau des Phares et Balises
This light used to be further inside the harbor, on a spur off the Digue Sainte Marie. It was moved to its present location following harbor expansion after World War II. In conjunction with the Digue du Fort Saint Jean light, it serves to guide vessels through the Passe de la Joliette toward the inner harbor.
Tower Height: 23
Height of Focal Plane: 23
Characteristic and Range: Red light occulting 3 times every 12 seconds; range 7 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Red round iron tower.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1882
Date Present Tower Built: 1882
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!