Bureau des Phares et Balises
When built in 1867, the current tower was the first example of its type - a modular cast-iron tower that could easily be assembled and disassembled - and it was exhibited at the Paris International Exposition that year. It was moved to Saint Quay Portrieux and lit in June 1867. The tower was relocated to its present location in 1879.
Tower Height: 40
Height of Focal Plane: 35
Characteristic and Range: Green flash every 2.5 seconds; range 2 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White octagonal iron tower; green lantern.
This light is operational
1853: Scaffold type structure.
Date Established: 1853
Date Present Tower Built: 1867
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!