Marquette Maritime Museum
Contact Address Information:
300 Lakeshore Boulevard
This lighthouse is leased by the U.S. Coast Guard to the Marquette Maritime Museum. In 2002 the Coast Guard leased the lighthouse to the Marquette Maritime Museum. In 2016 the GSA and the Coast Guard transferred ownership of the lighthouse to the City of Marquette and the Marquette Maritime Museum will continue to tours to the lighthouse.
Tower Height: 40
Height of Focal Plane: 77
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 10 seconds.
Description of Tower: Red, square brick tower attached to keeper's dwelling.
This light is operational
Intergral two-story brick keeper's house.
Date Established: 1853
Date Present Tower Built: 1866
Optics: Fourth order Fresnel lens, moved in 1908 to Marquette Breakwater Light, now on display at Marquette Maritime Museum.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Yes.
The Marquette Maritime Museum offers tours of the lighthouse seasonally (May - Oct). Call 906-226-2006 for more information. The grounds are open year-round.
Park at the Marquette Maritime Museum at East Ridge and Lakeshore Boulevard.
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places
Keepers: Walter Aho (Coast Guard).