Bureau des Phares et Balises
The original lighthouse here was destroyed by German troops in August 1944.
Tower Height: 26
Height of Focal Plane: 164
Characteristic and Range: Fixed red; range 9 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Square stone tower with a gabled roof, one side painted white with the words "COAT MER AMONT" painted in black. The light is shown from a small round window near the apex of the roof.
This light is operational
1869: Fixed red light shown from a square masonry tower.
Date Established: 1869
Date Present Tower Built: c. 1950
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!