After this light was discontinued, the tower was scheduled to be destroyed. The towns of Loctudy and Île Tudy acquired and restored it in 2002. It is now used as a daymark. It's not to be confused with a light by the same name, located at Lézardrieux (Côtes d'Armor), on the north coast of Brittany.
Tower Height: 53
Description of Tower: Octagonal concrete tower, 53 feet tall, painted in a black and white checkerboard pattern.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1915
Date Present Tower Built: 1915
Date Deactivated: c. 2000
Current Use: Local heritage site.
Open To Public? No.
The lighthouse is not open to the public, but it can be approached by boat.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!