Bureau des Phares et Balises
The top portion of the tower (including the top floor, the lantern, and the optic) was destroyed by German troops in August 1944. When the light was re-established after the war, a light on a mast was installed on the remaining portion of the tower.
Tower Height: 75
Height of Focal Plane: 46
Characteristic and Range: Three flashes every 12 seconds; range 11 nautical miles (white sector) and 8 nautical miles (red and green sectors).
Description of Tower: Round stone tower on a conical base, with a simple light on a post at the top. The north side of the base of the tower is painted red while the upper portion is painted white, with the words "LA CORNE" painted in red.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1876
Date Present Tower Built: 1876
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!