Bureau des Phares et Balises
This light was established in 1889 on a pre-existing tower, built in 1858. It originally consisted of a green light attached to the outside of the tower, but a door and a staircase were added in 1892 and the light is now shown through a window.
Tower Height: 40
Height of Focal Plane: 56
Characteristic and Range: Directional light; one flash every 4 seconds; range 14 nautical miles (white sector) and 11 nautical miles (red and green sectors).
This light is operational
Date Established: 1889
Date Present Tower Built: 1889
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!
Books or Related Products: