Bureau des Phares et Balises
This is the rear light of the Passe de l'Est range, with the Colombier light serving as the front light. The range guides mariners through the east side of the entrance to the Baie de Perros-Guirec. The light was originally shown from a window in the keeper's house. The tower was added in 1884.
Tower Height: 46
Height of Focal Plane: 259
Characteristic and Range: Directional light, quick white flash; range 22 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White round stone tower with a conical roof, attached to a white square house; light show from a round window near the top of the tower.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1860
Date Present Tower Built: 1884
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!