In 1927 this lighthouse was bought by newspaper tycoon William Randolph Hearst. Hearst built a castle-like mansion near the lighthouse.
Tower Height: 46
Height of Focal Plane: 65
Description of Tower: Octagonal brownstone tower with faux lantern.
This light is not operational
1868 2.5 story brick colonial keeper's house.
Date Established: 1809
Date Present Tower Built: 1809
Date Deactivated: 1922
Optics: 1856:order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Privately owned.
Open To Public? No.
Keepers: Noah Mason (1809-1841); John Seaman (c. 1870); Cornelius Douglass (c. 1900 - was keeper for 22 years); Thomas J. Murray (?-1922).