Vashon-Maury Island Park & Recreation District
Contact Address Information:
17130 Vashon Hwy SW
This site is now part of the Vashon-Maury Island Park and Recreation District, and the nonprofit group Keepers of Point Robinson is working closely with the Parks Department as plans are developed.
Tower Height: 38
Height of Focal Plane: 40
Characteristic and Range: Two white flashes every 12 seconds, visible for 14 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White, octagonal masonry tower attached to fog signal building.
This light is operational
1915 1.5 story wood frame keeper's house, 1885 fog signal building, assistant keeper's house, oil house, equipment house, garage.
Date Established: 1885
Date Present Tower Built: 1915
Date Automated: 1978
Optics: 1915: Fifth order Fresnel lens, still in use.
Fog Signal: Automated horn, 3 blasts every 30 seconds.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Yes.
The lighthouse is accessible via a one-mile hike, on Maury Island at the end of Point Robinson Road. From West Seattle's Fauntleroy Dock, take the ferry to Vashon Island. Drive off the ferry and head south on Vashon Highway Southwest for several miles. Turn left on Southwest 204th Street/Southwest Ellisport Road, and when you reach the water, turn right on Dockton Road Southwest. Where the road veers sharply to the right, continue straight on Southwest Point Robinson Road, and at the "T," turn right into the park. Call 206-463-9602 for more information on the park. The lighthouse is open for tours noon to 4:00 p.m. on Sundays from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Special arrangement tours are made through Wendy Braiks at Vashon Park District. Her email is email@example.com.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places
Keepers: Franklin Tucker (1885-?).
Nearby Lodging: The Keepers of Point Robinson have opened one of the keepers' houses for weekly rental. More information including an online reservation request is available at www.vashonparkdistrict.org.