This light was originally a range light with the Conover Beacon.
Tower Height: 31
Height of Focal Plane: 224
Description of Tower: Square wood tower on roof of keeper's dwelling.
This light is not operational
Integral two-story keeper's house.
Date Established: 1856
Date Present Tower Built: 1856
Date Deactivated: 1957
Optics: 1856: Second order Fresnel lens, ?: Fourth order Fresnel lens (now on display at the Navesink Twin Lights Museum, New Jersey).
Current Use: Private residence.
Open To Public? No.
The lighthouse is on Roebling Drive, off Kings Highway East in Chapel Hill. Keep in mind that the lighthouse is a private residence.
Keepers: Richard Carhart (c. 1870s-1880s), Charles Carhart (c. 1883-1890), ? Maxson, ? Porter, Carl F. W. Anderson (Mar. 1938 -?), Richard Allen Norton (1943-1953).