This tower was originally the front range light of the Waackaack Range. It was located at Point Comfort in Keansburg, where it was often referred to as the Bayside Beacon. It was moved to its present location in 1941 and became the front light for the Chapel Hill Range.
Tower Height: 40
Description of Tower: Square, pyramidal skeletal tower with central cylinder.
This light is not operational
1856: 55-foot red and white wooden tower.
Date Established: 1856
Date Present Tower Built: 1926
Date Deactivated: 1957
Current Use: Historic attraction.
Open To Public? No.
This structure is near a beach on Roop Avenue in Leonardo, New Jersey. There is a good view from the beach.
Keepers: Mark L. Mount (1856-1861). Tabor Chadwick (1861-1869), S. V. Bartleson (1869), Carl Grossenger (1869-1872), John B. Swan (1872-1889), Charles Carhart (c.1890), Samuel A. Foster (1895-1920s), Carl Anderson (1938-1941), ? Maxson, ? Porter, Richard Allen Norton (1943-1953).