Outer Banks Conservationists, Inc.
Contact Address Information:
P.O. Box 58
This station has been almost completely restored by the Outer Banks Conservationists, Inc.
Tower Height: 162
Height of Focal Plane: 158
Description of Tower: Conical brick tower.
This light is operational
2.5 story wood duplex keeper's house, second keeper's house (museum shop), storehouse (offices).
Date Established: 1873
Date Present Tower Built: 1875
Date Automated: 1939
Optics: 1875: First order Fresnel lens, still in use.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation, museum.
Open To Public? Yes.
The museum on the site contains exhibits on the light station's history. The Currituck Beach Lighthouse and Museum Shop are open daily from Easter through Thanksgiving. During periods of high winds or thunderstorms the lighthouse tower may be closed to climbers. Call 252-453-4939 for lighthouse hours and information. Special rates are available for school groups, educational groups, and professionally guided tours. In advance, contact Meghan Agresto at 252-453-8152 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Follow Highway 12 north into Corolla and the lighthouse will be on your left two miles after the town's stop light, near Corolla Village Road and immediately after the left turn for Heritage Park.
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places
Keepers: Raleigh Austin (?)