The first Lake Borgne Lighthouse lighthouse replaced the St. Joseph Lighthouse. It lost its roof in an 1893 hurricane and was badly damaged again in a 1906 hurricane. Its replacement was destroyed after being discontinued in 1937.
This light is not operational
1889: Dwelling on screwpile foundation with lantern on roof, 1908: New screwpile structure.
Date Established: 1889
Date Deactivated: 1937
Optics: 1889: Fifth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Henry Wilkinson (1889-?), John A. Munch (c. 1906).