Municipality of the District of Digby
In 2016 the ownership of the lighthouse was transferred from the Canadian government to the Municipality of the District of Digby. The property will be cared for by the Friends of Prim Point Society.
Tower Height: 46
Height of Focal Plane: 81
Characteristic and Range: Flash 3 s; eclipse 3 s., visible for 13 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White concrete tower, red vertical stripes on corner of square building.
This light is operational
1817: Square wooden tower on top of dwelling. 1874: Dwelling with integral tower, with red vertical stripe on each side.
Date Established: 1817
Date Present Tower Built: 1964
Date Automated: 1987
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
This lighthouse can be viewed from the ferry between St. John and Digby. To reach it by car, take Route 303 north in Digby. Past the intersection with Route 217, take a left on Lighthouse Road, then the first right. This road leads to a parking area and a path to the lighthouse.
Keepers: Richard Bragg (1821-1839), Frederick Bragg (1839-1872), William Ellis (1875-?), Janet Wilson and Frank Wilson (1934-1963), Carman Frankland (1963-1987)